Current career opportunities with Assante Vancouver Centre:
Associate Financial Planner
Assante Vancouver Centre is a premier wealth management firm located in downtown Vancouver. With over 30 years in the industry, our branch offers our clients a personalized and comprehensive planning experience.
One of our highly professional and successful practice teams is looking to bring on an Associate Planner to work alongside the Senior Planner in servicing their clients. This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented person in the financial services industry looking to join a full-service financial practice. The successful candidate will be mentored to help develop more advanced advisory skills, with the goal of taking on a primarily client-facing role at the right pace.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Play an integral role as part of a team with the Financial Planner and administrator
- Assist in the completion of required materials and tasks before, during and after client meetings
- Attend client meetings with financial planners when required
- Engage clients on a regular basis by handling incoming and outgoing calls to provide client service & support
- Assist in the preparation of financial plans, portfolio and insurance reviews and tax preparation
- Serve as a support to the Administrator for form preparation, statement requests and other administrative requirements
- Liaise and assist with our client’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants and brokers
- Maintains a strong understanding of industry regulations, policies & procedures, and compliance requirements. Keeps the team prepared for upcoming changes
Other Responsibilities (not limited)
- Organize data, information and files in Salesforce CRM and One Note
- Maintain client tracking spreadsheets
- Help coordinate and attend client, networking or industry events
- General admin duties
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in financial services
- Preference given to someone who worked in a similar role of client servicing and financial planning
- Working knowledge of investment products and vehicles
Skills and Abilities
- A highly-motivated individual and the willingness to learn through practical, technical and educational formats
- High interest in career development and taking on more advisory responsibilities as the opportunity arises
- Strong and professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize high urgency/sensitive items
- Ability to obtain a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- Team oriented – Helpful, encouraging and supportive personality
- Understanding of back office procedures and compliance in a MFDA environment
- Strong computer and technical skills in a Windows/PC environment
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and SalesForce
- Post-secondary education (preference for Finance/Business focus)
- CIFC, IFC or CSC successfully completed preferred (able to be licensed)
- CFP or at a minimum be enrolled and on track to completing preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Financial Planning Administrator
Assante Vancouver Centre branch is a premier wealth management firm with an office in downtown Vancouver. With over 30 years in the industry, our branch offers our clients a personalized and comprehensive planning experience.
Four of our highly successful and professional planners are merging to become a Super Practice and are looking to add a Super Administrative to the support team. They are looking to hire a Financial Planning Administrator to provide primary support for the Senior Admin group, Financial Planners as needed and contribute to the overall success of the team. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who wants to bring their proven administrative experience to new professional levels getting to join a newly formed team that are setting the pathways for their destined success as a bigger practice. In addition, this group sees the importance in having created a working culture where there is never a wrong time to catch up on how your colleague’s weekend went, have a laugh over a funny story or take a personal moment to refresh the mind and top up your coffee!
This is a full-time position available immediately. The job will require working on-premise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play an integral role as part of a team with the Senior administrators;
- Assist in the completion of required materials and tasks before, during and after client meetings;
- Assist with form preparation, statement requests and other administrative requirements as required;
- Coordination of investment and insurance transactions/paperwork, including investment trades, account opening and compliance documents;
- Tracking and follow up to ensure completion of investment and insurance transactions;
- Follow up with head office, insurance or fund companies for information as required;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry regulations, policies & procedures, and compliance requirements;
- Provide holiday coverage of other administrative team members;
- Marketing or event support;
- Use business tools and technology to organize team’s efficiencies and organization
- Seek to improve current systems & processes
- Meetings, appointments and professional development booking for advisors
- Help organize data, information and files in File Servers, Team Manuals and CRM.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of administration experience in financial services sector;
- Preference given to someone who worked in a similar role in client service and/or financial administration;
- Working knowledge of investment products and plans a requirement.
Skills & Abilities
- Prioritization – Ability to take direction and work from multiple people often at once and understand and communicate expectations in terms of completion times and priority;
- Client service focus – great demeanor, go above and beyond;
- Proactive – looking to take on responsibilities that allow everyone to focus on their highest and best use of time;
- Team oriented – Helpful, encouraging and supportive personality, as part of a team;
- Precision – Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail;
- Communication – Strong and professional communication skills both written and verbal;
- Compliant – Understanding of back-office procedures and compliance in a MFDA or IIROC environment;
- Application Efficiencies – Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and SalesForce CRM;
- Technical – Strong computer and technical skills in a Windows/PC environment.
- Post-secondary education; or relevant work experience;
Thank you to all those that apply. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reach out to all applicants and will only be in contact with those that meet all the requirements of this position.